I recently got the following question in my email
I hope you can help me with a really desperate problem.
My husband and I moved into our home two years ago. Since then absolutely everything has gone down the toilet including my triple A credit rating. I was on a feng shui web site and found out that my house numbers were really bad.
Is there a way to deal with this other than selling the house. I’d really appreciate any help you can give me in this area.
The house address is 2512 Della St., the house was built in 1993/1994. I was told the house numbers created disputes, quarrels, lawsuits and struggle.
This describes exactly what has gone on for two years in our house. I’m absolutely at my wits end.
I thank you for your help with this problem.
It is true that numerology plays a significant part in defining the energy of your home. Feng Shui house numbers are symbols that carry their own vibration or spiritual capacity.
Interest in the mystical importance of numbers can be traced back to the Mayans and the teachings of the Jewish Cabbala which maintains that numbers contain the secret of life itself.
Check out the independent film ‘Pi’ by Darren Aronofsky if you wish to find out more about the Jewish quest for a key number that will unlock the universal patterns found in nature!
Having said all that, Feng Shui house numbers are not the only factor that determine the energy of your home. If it were solely down to Feng Shui house numbers there would be no need for the in-depth study of energy flows inside your home, your astrological chart, exterior land forms, color, light and a whole host of other factors.
The fact that you’ve been told your Feng Shui house number will result in disputes, quarrels and lawsuits is scaremongering to say the least! Feng Shui is not simply a case of ‘good’ or ‘bad’ luck. It’s about enhancing the pattern of energy that already exists in your home and life. Numerology is there to serve you and not something to be frightened of. There is a positive and negative vibration (Yin/Yang) in all things and this includes Feng Shui house numbers.
How to calculate your Feng Shui House Number
I wouldn’t advise you move home just yet! When I look at Feng Shui numerology I like to draw on the Native American Tradition. To calculate your Feng Shui house number all you need to do is add up the numbers until you arrive at a number of nine or less.
For example, in your case Lesley you add 2+5+1+2 = 10.
Then you add the remaining two numbers 1+0 = 1.
So, the numerology for your house Lesley would be a one vibration.
So, what does this mean?
On the positive side, number one homes symbolize independence, individuality, creativity, inspiration, assertiveness, striving forth and leadership. One homes are ideal for career minded individuals who want to follow their own instincts and express their originality.
On the negative side, number one homes can be isolating even if you are surrounded by others. There can be a degree of selfishness surrounding members of a one house. Sometimes selfish action may be seen as the only way forward for an individual trying to bring forth his/her ideas. This may be contributing to the disputes, quarrels and lawsuits you’ve been experiencing Lesley.
How can you improve or work the energy of a one house?
As I mentioned earlier, numerology is there to serve you or provide a numerical hint as to what’s going on in your life.
As a first step, you’ll want to pay particular attention to what’s happening in the number one area of the ba gua in your home. This is the area of the ba gua that relates to your career and the element water. Water needs to flow smoothly. If it encounters too many obstacles en-route you can experience struggle in life.
Attending to the one area of the ba gua will ease career issues and make way for new beginnings and opportunities. It will also help you focus, find direction and create a sense of flow.
Here’s a quick list of Feng Shui cures that generally come up for people looking to improve the one area of the ba gua in their homes. Deal with the one area of the ba gua first.
- Clear all clutter! Clutter impedes the smooth flow of energy in your home creating confusion and obstacles for its occupants.
- Ensure you don’t have any cracks in ceilings or walls which emanate negative rays.
- All doors must open easily and not be obstructed to create a clear pathway for chi.
- Clear the path to your front door (trim back greenery) and ensure it’s brightly lit so that Chi can enter easily and opportunities come knocking at your door.
- Remove any bins from this area (always try to relocate bins and garbage to the family and ancestors area of the ba gua).
- If the path to your front door is straight the chi may be moving too quickly and overwhelming your home so hang a five cylinder wind chime just inside the porch to slow down Chi.
- Place two evergreen trees either side your front door as symbols of protection.
- Make sure you are using the front door of your home (and not a side door as the main entry point) as this will only confuse chi trying to enter and nourish your home.
- If the entry to your home is small or slightly dark, place a mirror on a wall to expand the energy here.
- Make sure you can see yourself fully in the mirror when you enter. This will create an impression of space and unblock chi flow.
- Make sure your front door bell or knocker is in good working order. Can you hear opportunities knocking?
- Fix broken front door locks or hinges that may impede your entry
- If you work from home make sure your desktop is always tidy
- Avoid working in your bedroom (which is too yin or passive a space for yang or active work action).
- Place a water feature or fountain to stimulate chi flow in career.
- Place a picture of what you want to be doing in life here or a landscape scene that you love and that depicts calm.
- Paint this area a stimulating yellow color to uplift chi.
Now, once you’ve looked at the one area you’ll also want to look at the number four area of the ba gua which relates to wealth or Feng Shui money corner.
Your Feng Shui money corner will also need attention as you’ve mentioned that your credit rating has plummeted. However, let’s take one step at a time and I’d advise you to implement the above Feng Shui cures first.
Good luck with the above Feng Shui cures!