Part of an ancient Chinese art and science, feng shui is basically concerned with the harmonious relationship between man and his environment. It is based on a Taoist idea that nature is alive and has energy in different forms.
Many modern aficionados assert that feng shui is the practice of arranging objects, such as in the home, to help attract positive energy. The following are a few basic feng shui tips for the home:
1. A marble table in the house is not good for the career since it attracts work stress. A red sofa set too is often said to give rise to work obstacles and troubles. Replace that marble table with a wooden one, and that red sofa with any other color.
2. Have enough lighting in the rooms because light is an important source of energy. In dull spaces where natural light from the window is limited, paint the walls with yellow, which represents sunlight.
3. The bed should be placed next to a wall. You must not also sleep in a way where your feet are pointed towards the door, as this has negative connotation. A mirror where you can see yourself in as you are lying in bed has to be removed, or covered with a blanket as you sleep.
4. The doorway should not be obstructed with anything, such as shoes and other items. A clear entrance allows the positive energy to freely enter the room. It is also advised that the seating is so arranged that anyone inside the room will be able to see the door.
5. Placing mirrors in the room help positive energy dart through the area. They amplify the amount of light inside the room. Mirrors also make the room appear much larger than it actually is, giving a cozy vibe.
6. Plants represent nature, and having yourself surrounded by them evokes the healing and nurturing vibrations of nature right into your room. However, dying or dead plants attract negative energy, so take them out immediately.
7. Make sure that there is no refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher and even sink placed opposite the stove. Fire and water clash; this might stir up negative energies that may cause the family members to have disagreements with one another.
8. Never allow your children to sleep on the floor because it may cause them to get sick often. Ideally, positive energy flowing underneath the bed is beneficial. So it is advised for your children to sleep in beds with space beneath them. However, it is not recommended for them to use double bunk beds because the child sleeping beneath will get sickly.
9. The flowing of positive energy is generally interrupted by disorder or clutter in the room. Positive energy should be allowed to flow freely in the room, and from one space to the other. Clutter has to be removed especially from the center of your house, which is considered the heart of the house.
10. Keep your bathroom clean and the bathroom door closed at all times since you don’t want the negative energy inside it flow outside. You might also want to close all doors in the home as you sleep as it helps provide healthy domestic relationships and promotes health.
For beginners, feng shui does not have to mean using particular tools to come up with a harmonious home. Sticking to the basic aspects is enough to attract the right energies into your home.
Ready to Learn More?I have a special offer for my loyal readers! I have read a lot of books/eBooks on feng shui in my lifetime and I can not recommend Feng Shui Secrets enough. For a limited time this ebook will also come with 5 Deadly Feng Shui Mistakes, Your Very Own Bagua Map and 7 Golden Secrets to Enhance Your Love Life!
CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING OFFER NOW